A-List Builders is a family-owned Design Build Firm that wants to treat you right.
We know, we know – you hear that a lot, right? Despite all the assurances, ours is an industry riddled with doubt and suspicion. Most people expect contractors to cut corners, tack on extra costs, skimp out on materials and duck out on your questions.
We hate that – and we are here to make a change!
It hasn’t been easy, but from the very beginning, we have been working hard to prove that there’s still integrity in our business. To do that, we first had to overcome the things that make you uneasy.
Our owner and founder, Ben Marciano, has dedicated his career to understanding the process of hiring a contractor and developed a nine-point promise to our customers. The “Nine Cs” as we call them here, are the foundation of our business model and they are our promise to you:
- Customer Satisfaction – we are committed to excellence through customer satisfaction, everything we do stems from this commitment
- Communication – we rely on open lines of communication throughout our entire process to discuss ideas, make plans, and establish expectations to make sure you get what you want
- Clarity – clarity prevents anxiety; expect endless questions, constant parroting & in-depth explanations to ensure mutual understanding and help you make informed, educated decisions
- Control – we might be doing the work, but you’re still the boss. We will be here to educate, suggest, and sometimes even disagree, however; the final say is always yours
- Comfort- it’s your house, and you should never feel uncomfortable in your safe place; therefore you will never deal with high-pressure sales tactic or phony up-selling techniques
- Consistency – a stable project manager and an orderly routine ensure you’re not thrown by new faces or irregular happenings
- Craftsmanship – attention to detail from the preparation to the tightening of the last screw ensures top quality results; which act as live models of our abilities
- Charity – we believe that everyone deserves to have a place they call home; therefore a portion of our proceeds is donated to help improve the lives of others in our community, while we help improve yours
- Confidence – our confidence in our ability is not enough, we need your confidence, and that is something we are prepared to earn!
The “Nine Cs” influence our attitude, our design, our labor, our dealings with you, and our role in the community. They are the foundation of our success, and when you get to know our history, it’s clear why they are so important to us.
Ben and the Story of A-List Builders
When Ben’s father, Jacob, arrived in America, he started helping neighbors and new friends around their homes. In the beginning, he mostly worked for free, not expecting much in return, knowing that word of his work would spread. He was right. Jacob’s success was more than sufficient to support his family and build a future in a foreign land with better opportunities for his children. His commitment to integrity and quality never ceded; furthermore, these qualities would be instilled in his son.
From the day that Ben could pick up a hammer, he was helping his father work. As Ben got older, he became more than just a gofer. At 16, he was designing projects and obtaining city building permits. By 18, he was working jobs from top to bottom. Only a few short years after that, he was acting foreman on multiple jobs simultaneously. For Ben, contracting runs deep.
When Jacob retired in 2011, Ben decided to start A-List Builders, bringing with him the lifetime of expertise he’d gained working with his father. Today, he is intimately involved with every aspect of his business. He designs projects, performs labor, and is usually the first voice you’ll hear whenever you call us.
In addition to working closely with customers, Ben also brings his family’s unique commitment to family, community, and sustainability. One of the shining examples of this commitment is our partnership with the local Greater Los Angeles affiliate of Habitat for Humanity.
Our Partnership with Habitat for Humanity
When Ben’s parents immigrated to America, their hard work provided a comfortable life for their family, but not everyone is so fortunate. The Marcianos always believed in community and helping others, and now those principles guide A-List Builders as well.
We believe that every person deserves to have a place that they call home. To help make that dream a reality, we donate a portion of the profits from every job we perform to Habitat for Humanity Of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA).
Habitat for Humanity International is an international nonprofit organization that envisions a world where everyone has a decent place to live by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Since 1976, they have built, renovated and repaired more than 800,000 homes, improving the living conditions for over 6.8 million worldwide. Locally, since 1990, Habitat LA has built, renovated and repaired more than 750 homes throughout the greater Los Angeles area, and is committed to continuing to Build a Greater Los Angeles by providing strength, stability, and self-reliance through providing shelter to those in need and with every purchase, each of our customers can take pride knowing that they’ve helped make a difference.”